Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rain Run

I had BIG aspirations for the day, well not too big, but I wanted to go to a spin class, lift, and run 6-7 miles. Well I slept in for the first time in weeks, I was in bed til 9:30, epic. I didn't have to work til 5 so I figured what the heck. So I got up, ate some breakfast, relaxed and decided I was gonna go for a run, then my roommate told me it was even colder today and raining, great. So I ended up getting my taxes done, which I'd been putting off...big time. I also decided to suck it up and run I had an excellent relaxing run of about 8.5 miles and I did it in a little under an hour and 15 minutes (I really need a garmin instead of a cellphone) I was wearing ski tights and a raincoat, I looked ridiculous I'm sure. I still got soaked, but at least my ipod stayed dry! As you can tell from the photo my vision was limited to say the least. Thanks Burton for the extra big rainjacket, but very light! I had to pay extra attention crossing roads because I had horse blinders on with that giant hood. In the second photo, you can see just how wet I gotish, and I would say I wasn't sweating that hard, my face was soaked. I'm often lazy about going contacts vs. glasses (necessary for rainy runs) and I'm really glad I did it this time. My socks got soaked, I hit a giant puddle about .05 miles into my run, making me decide I probably should have just given up from the beginning on bothering with the rain coat. I didn't do my pushup training yesterday so I may do it when the gym closes tonight. Also when I look at this second photo I see why I love post-college housing, a draft special poster, and in the background my roommates Nike Soccer banner from playing at UVM. I also have realized from reading around blogs lately, that runners are just alcoholics with a hobby. Esp Jamoosh. Nothin but love for the guy though, esp if he sends me some of his homemade brew. So all in all today was good, I ran further than I wanted and it felt good!

8 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to follow your blog for a while. Success!

    Nice work on cranking out the run.

    I agree that Jamoosh should share the love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look very wet! I'm going to pretend you didn't write gotish. Love the pics, must be a sweet camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gotish was intentional, like how wet i got-ish or how cold outside it is-ish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I assumed that but good to know! Your mother the teacher gets nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Jameson, you crack me up:) I am also finding the little conversation between you and your mom entertaining too:) I can see the same thing happening between my son and I.

    Anyway, nice job on your rain run. If it makes you feel better, I did not do my push-ups yet either. Have a great week Jameson:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday ajh's son - glad she got you the camera. What are you going to get her for her birthday? Good luck on your marathon.

    ReplyDelete

Speak to me: